SAO PAULO, BRAZIL– (June 11, 2013) – Wolters Kluwer Health, a leading global provider of information for healthcare professionals and students, announced a series of regional seminars in Brazil entitled “Adopting Clinical Decision Support Systems: Brazil Experience Mirrors Efficiencies Seen Globally.” The regional, invitation-only seminars are designed for key healthcare executives and will be held from June 11 to June 13, 2013 in São Paulo, Campinas, and Recife.
The engaging seminars will explore how evidence-based clinical decision support resources like UpToDate are helping healthcare professionals in Brazil improve the efficiency and efficacy of their care as they address the challenges of quality, cost, and the rise of chronic medical conditions. Along with networking discussions and question-and-answer sessions, presenters will review insights from a recent UpToDate user survey as well as recent research on the impact of clinical decision support tools on patient care.
About the Presenters:
• Dr. Sérgio Antônio Sirena, Research Coordinator, Grupo Hospitalar Conceição in Porto Alegre, Brazil (Presenting in São Paulo)
• Dr. Francisco Torggler, Medical Superintendent of the Emergency Department at the Hospital Nove de Julho in São Paulo (Presenting in São Paulo)
• Prof. Dr. Evaldo Marchi, Full Professor and Coordinator for Post-Graduate Research at the Faculdade de Medicina de Jundiaí (Presenting in Campinas)
• Dr. Geraldo Furtado, Medical Director at the Instituto de Medicina Integral Prof. Fernando Figueira (IMIP) (Presenting in Recife)
• Dr. Sandy Falk, Senior Deputy Editor, Obstetrics/Gynecology and Women’s Health at UpToDate and Clinical Instructor of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Biology at Harvard Medical School (Presenting in São Paulo, Campinas, and Recife)
• Eduardo de Melo, Sales Director, Latin America, UpToDate, Wolters Kluwer Health (Presenting in São Paulo, Campinas, and Recife)
“It is important to provide a forum that brings together healthcare leaders in Brazil to discuss how evidence-based clinical decision support systems, electronic health records, and best practices can be used to standardize treatment and improve care,” said Dr. Sandy Falk, Senior Deputy Editor, Obstetrics/Gynecology and Women’s Health, UpToDate.
June 11: Dalva e Dito, São Paulo
June 12: Royal Palm Plaza, Campinas
June 13: JCPM Trade Center Auditorium, Recife
If you are interested in attending one of these seminars, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about how UpToDate is helping hospitals and healthcare groups in Brazil, read the case study on Grupo Hospitalar Conceição in Porto Alegre. The study explores how UpToDate enhanced the quality of patient care and increased physician satisfaction in its use for both clinical support and training. Please visit http://www.learn.uptodate.com/GHC to download your copy.