When it comes to providing consistent quality and appropriate care to patients, frontline clinicians have to make the right call every time, while considering the best evidence and patient preferences. This is especially important for common, chronic, and complex conditions that have multiple management, diagnosis, or treatment options, and thus the highest potential for unwanted care variations.
A referral to a specialist is sometimes the right step, but not always. Similarly, ordering new tests following abnormal lab results may turn out to be unnecessary.
With UpToDate® Advanced™ you can:
- Tailor patient recommendations based on best evidence and practice with UpToDate® Pathways interactive algorithms
- Quickly interpret and decide on appropriate next steps for abnormal lab results with Lab Interpretation™
“Reducing variations in the care we provide is essential to our efforts to improve patient safety, clinical outcomes and patient satisfaction. Today, we contend with conditions with increasingly complicated patient management options, such as diabetes and atrial fibrillation. UpToDate Advanced guides our physicians to the most appropriate clinical decisions for each patient.”
Keith Griffin, MD, CMIO for Novant Medical Group (Read the Press Release)
The use of UpToDate Advanced in clinical practice also supports institutional goals by:
- Reducing time and effort to create and maintain clinical practice guidelines
- Helping decrease inappropriate testing and treatment
- Fostering improved care coordination and standardization
By relying on UpToDate Advanced, your clinicians can focus on what matters most: providing the best possible care to patients.
UpToDate Advanced is available as an add-on to UpToDate Anywhere.