Through an online questionnaire, investigators surveyed doctors at healthcare organizations in North West England which subscribe to UpToDate. Respondents were asked to describe a scenario in which they had used UpToDate, and to identify benefits, if any, associated with that scenario.
More than 90% of the 239 respondents who had used UpToDate identified at least one benefit:
- 57% reported using UpToDate reduced treatment delays
- 52% reported using UpToDate meant they avoided unnecessary diagnostic tests
- 48% reported UpToDate reduced delays in diagnosis
- 39% reported UpToDate changed their treatment decision
- 28% reported UpToDate reduced the time to discharge