Through the Export to PowerPoint tool, you can quickly and easily export graphic images to Microsoft PowerPoint (or to other software capable of opening Microsoft PowerPoint files) for use as slides in presentations.
The requirements for using the Export to PowerPoint tool are as follows:
- Your subscription type must permit the use of the tool. The tool will be displayed only if it is permitted for your subscription type.
- You must be using UpToDate online from a desktop or laptop computer.
- Software that is capable of opening Microsoft PowerPoint (.ppt) files must be installed on the computer that you are using.
To export a graphic from UpToDate using the Export to PowerPoint tool:
- Click the link for the graphic in an UpToDate topic to open the graphic in a separate window —OR— click on a graphic image from within the Graphics search results thumbnail view.
- Click the Export to PowerPoint tool in the graphic window.
- In the dialog box that appears, click Open to open the graphic in PowerPoint (or your PowerPoint-compatible software), or click Save to save the graphic as a .ppt file.
Note: If the graphic consists of multiple images, the Export to PowerPoint tool creates a separate slide for each image.
View a video that describes how to access the more than 33,000 pictures, figures, tables, graphs, algorithms, and videos available with your subscription.