For more than 20 years, clinicians around the world have relied on UpToDate® as their primary resource for medical knowledge at the point of care. The knowledge contained in UpToDate is evidence-based and continuously updated, but it is not merely an aggregation and report of the latest research; UpToDate presents a comprehensive synthesis of the evidence followed by recommendations that can be acted on at the point of care. It combines an advanced publishing platform with the rigor of a sophisticated editorial process managed by a faculty of accomplished physician authors and editors from prestigious medical schools around the world.
The only clinical decision support resource associated with improved patient outcomes
Research supports what UpToDate subscribers have been telling us for years: UpToDate is the only clinical knowledge resource associated with improved outcomes. Multiple studies have demonstrated that UpToDate changes clinical decisions, and at least two peer reviewed studies found an association with improved outcomes, including better hospital quality performance, reduced length of stay and, in one study, lower mortality. Visit our research page to learn more about the benefits of using UpToDate.
Powerful & practical knowledge at your fingertips
- Evidence-based content — more than 10,000 clinical topics across more than 20 specialties, including more than 9,000 graded treatment recommendations
- Patient Information — UpToDate provides nearly 1,500 articles that clinicians can review with patients in the exam room, print out as handouts, or send via email. Clinicians and patients will use the same evidence-based recommendations to make the right decisions.
- Graphics Search — enables fast finding and viewing of more than 25,000 richly detailed pictures, tables, illustrations, diagrams, graphs, algorithms and videos
- Medical calculators — more than 135 trustworthy tools that help you diagnose and treat patients without having to recall complicated formulas
- Drug and drug interaction databases (Lexicomp®) — comprehensive information on safety issues, dosages, warnings and interactions (drug-drug and drug-herb)
An indispensable resource for earning CME credits
UpToDate is accredited as a continuing education resource by many organizations including colleges, associations, and authorities from around the world. Use the time you already spend researching clinical questions with UpToDate toward your continuing professional development requirements. Clinicians can earn AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ and other credits, such as continuing education/contact hours and continuing professional education (CPD) credit for use in Austria, Ireland and other countries.