Practice Changing UpDates are new recommendations and/or updates that our editorial staff feel may change usual clinical practice. UpToDate customers can view a list of practice changing updates by searching on “practice changing updates” and selecting the topic with that name, or by selecting “What’s New” from the tool bar and clicking on the first topic, titled “Practice Changing UpDates.”
One relatively recent Practice Changing UpDate was the result of a randomized drug trial. Within five days of the trial results being published:
- Our Deputy Editor reviewed the study and contacted several renowned experts to discuss practice impact
- An UpToDate Doctor of Pharmacy provided input regarding compounding and dosing
- The Deputy Editor and topic author agreed on topic revisions with section editors
- A new recommendation was formulated and graded
- Topic changes were reviewed with the Senior Deputy Editor for consideration as a Practice Changing UpDate
- The Senior Deputy Editor wrote the related Practice Changing UpDate
- A revised topic and expanded Practice Changing UpDate topic was published online in UpToDate
The new recommendation provided a revised treatment regimen for patients within a specific age range and independent of disease severity.
Click here to view current Practice Changing UpDates.