UpToDate® offers a wide range of options for users to access our advanced, continuously updated, clinical decision support resource.
For Institutional Users
- UpToDate Mini-logo – Users can quickly identify a link to UpToDate when you place the UpToDate icon on a page or menu. This logo is available as a GIF or PNG in the following sizes: 16px, 24px, 32px, and 48px square. Email your request for a specific image size to email@example.com.
- Desktop Icon – Placing an icon on the desktop enables all clinicians within a facility to access UpToDate. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Direct Link to UpToDate – Add a direct link to www.uptodate.com/contents/search to a page or menu within your intranet, portal, or HIS. The direct link will take a user to the UpToDate home page, where they can immediately search on a term or browse medical specialties.
- EHR Integration – UpToDate offers seamless integration with all major EHR providers, as well as other password-authenticated systems such as physician portals, MyAthens and more. Learn more about how to integrate UpToDate into your EHR.
- Professional Search Box – The UpToDate professional search widget allows users to search UpToDate directly from an institution’s intranet.
- UpToDate for Patients Search Box – This handy feature enables patients and their families find current, in-depth and unbiased information about a specific condition.
- Browser Search – The UpToDate web browser plugin helps you find clinical answers more quickly by bringing you directly to the search results page.
For Individual Subscribers
- Web – Individual subscribers can access UpToDate quickly and easily from anywhere and from any browser by logging in through the Web at www.uptodate.com. Once you receive a user name and password, you’ll have access (often within minutes) to all UpToDate content.
- Mobile Apps – UpToDate Mobile Apps, available for most leading devices, make it easy to get clinical decisions support on the go. Or enhance your subscription with UpToDate MobileComplete™ and access the complete UpToDate content even without an Internet connection. EContent Magazine chose the UpToDate App as one of the “Best Apps in Publishing”. Learn more about our mobile access solutions.
- UpToDate for Desktop – Available with professional individual subscriptions in select countries, this option allows you to download the entire content of UpToDate onto your desktop computer. The desktop application is continually updated through an internet syncing process, so you’ll always have access to the latest information. Find out more about installing and activating UpToDate on your desktop.