To access My Account in UpToDate® online, make sure that you are logged in, then click My Account on the toolbar.
In UpToDate online, My Account includes the following features (only the features that are applicable for your type of account are displayed):
To view or modify your address and contact information, do the following:
- In My Account, click the View / modify my address and contact information link.
UpToDate® displays your contact information (such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, and telephone numbers).
To modify this information, continue with this procedure.
- Click Edit to make the information fields editable.
- Make any desired modifications to the contact information.
- Click Submit.
To view information about the term of your subscription, click the View my subscription term link in My Account. UpToDate® displays the following:
- The date through which you have online access to UpToDate
- The release number through which your subscription is active
To renew your subscription, do the following:
- In My Account, click the Renew my subscription link.
- On the Tell Us About Yourself page, select an option under What do you want to do? then click Next.
- Renew my subscription
- Add new products to my current subscription (NOTE, This option is only available if your country supports desktop and/or mobile device online purchases)
- On the Confirm Contact Information page, confirm your contact information and enter any additional required details about your account (i.e. email or phone), then click Next.
- RENEW - If you selected 'Renew my subscription' in step 2, select your subscription on the Choose subscription page.
- Select the term (1, 2 or 3 year)
- Select any additional add on products
- Select the Payment method (credit card, check or wire transfer)
- Click Next
- NEW PRODUCTS - If you selected 'Add new products to my current subscription' in step 2, select the products you want on the Buy additional products page, then click Next. (Note: Add on products require payment via credit card)
- On the Place Order page, review your order and enter Payment information if paying by credit card, then click Next (Note: If paying by wire transfer, follow the instructions provided. If paying by check, print the required form)
- On the Order Confirmation page, verify your purchase and print for your records. Also on this page, you will find a link to instructions on how to obtain your add-on products.
Through My Account, you can access your available CME/CE/CPD credits, view your past credit submissions, and change your default CME/CE/CPD setting. For information about how to obtain and manage CME/CE/CPD credits, click here.
To view or modify your UpToDate® online user name or modify your password, do the following:
- In My Account, click the View / modify my user name or password link.
UpToDate displays the Login information page, which shows your user name (your password is hidden for security purposes).
If you want to modify your user name, your password, or both, continue with this procedure.
- Click Edit.
- On the Change login information page, do the following:
- Enter your current password in the Current Password box.
- If you want to change your user name, specify a new name in the User Name box.
- If you want to change your password, specify a new password in the New Password box, then reenter the new password in the box below.
- Click Update.
To view a list of all identifiers that allow you to access your UpToDate® account from clinical information systems, click the View my access points link.
Through the Consolidate Accounts feature, you can merge one account with another. This allows you to consolidate your account management activity — such as working with CME/CE/CPD credits — in one account.
The following procedure describes how to merge a source account (an account other than the one to which you are currently logged in) into a target account (the account to which you are currently logged in):
- In My Account, click the Consolidate my accounts link.
- Specify the user name and password for your source account.
- Click Log in.
UpToDate® displays a page that identifies the source and target accounts.
- Ensure that the desired accounts are identified as the source and target accounts.
Important: After you merge two accounts, the merge operation cannot be undone, and the source account becomes inactive. Before proceeding, make sure that the information for the source and target accounts is correct.
- Click Submit.
UpToDate® merges the source account into the target account. Any CME/CE/CPD credits that you have accrued are now stored in the target account, and the source account is no longer active.
If you are located within Japan, you can set your default language to either English or Japanese by clicking Language within My Account.
This setting will be maintained for subsequent visits to UpToDate, but can be changed again at any time.