UpToDate® is committed to innovation and value so we continually make enhancements that help clinicians provide better patient care. Key product features available to users with registered accounts or individual subscriptions include:
- Mobile Apps — With an individual subscription or UpToDate Anywhere, clinicians can access UpToDate clinical decision support on the go from any mobile browser or our award-winning UpToDate Mobile Apps, available for most leading devices. Learn more
- What’s New — the "What's New" feature provides clinicians with a summary of, in our editors' view, the most important new information added in recent weeks. Learn more
- Practice Changing UpDates — This section highlights specific new recommendations and/or updates that we anticipate may change usual clinical practice. Learn more
- Patient Education — UpToDate includes more than 1,500 corresponding patient information topics, plus more than 1,000 in universal Spanish. Clinicians can review this information with patients in the exam room, print out as handouts, or send via email. Learn more
- Integrated Patient Education — UpToDate and Lexicomp® have collaborated to provide comprehensive, embedded, and integrated patient education solutions for EMRs and other healthcare applications. Learn more
- Search Features — UpToDate streamlines search capabilities by enabling queries and navigation in multiple languages. Learn more
- Graphics Search — This powerful search engine feature allows clinicians to search tens of thousands of pictures, charts, movies, illustrations and more – all without ever leaving UpToDate. Learn more
- Medical Calculators — UpToDate includes calculators to help clinicians quickly and accurately calculate many different medical measurements. Learn more
- Feedback — Because some of the most important contributions to UpToDate come from our clinician subscribers, we’ve incorporated a feedback button that allows clinicians to submit questions and comments to our editors. Learn more
- Drugs & Drug Interactions — Clinicians can quickly check for possible drug-to-drug and drug-to-herb interactions with the UpToDate drug interactions program (in partnership with Lexicomp®). Learn more
- Link to Full-Text Articles — We provide convenient links to full text of referenced articles (provided your institution subscribes to a service that allows this access). Learn more
- Bookmarks — UpToDate offers bookmarking capabilities that allow for quick and convenient access to information clinicians find most valuable. Clinicians can tag topics and other content, such as medical calculators, graphics, and drug information.
- History — UpToDate provides each clinician an easily accessible list of all the content he or she accessed during the past year — creating a more personal user experience.
- Most Viewed — With this feature, clinicians can quickly refer back to content they regularly access.
- Sync — To ensure a seamless user experience, personal activity automatically syncs across all devices. Bookmarks, History, and Most Viewed content is accessible from any device or platform used to access UpToDate.
Our product demos page offers a series of short videos that show you how to use some commonly used features.