Medline ® Abstract for Reference 67
of 'Potentially toxic plant ingestions in children: Clinical manifestations and evaluation'
Cyanide poisoning from laetrile ingestion: role of nitrite therapy.
Hall AH, Linden CH, Kulig KW, Rumack BH
A 4-year-old child ingested laetrile and almost died of cyanide poisoning. Treatment with the Lilly cyanide antidote kit resulted in rapid, complete recovery. Extremely high whole blood cyanide levels were documented. The necessity for use of the antidote kit in serious cyanide poisoning has recently been questioned. This case demonstrates benefit from antidotal treatment.