Factor VIII products: Drug formulations
- Jonathan M Zand, PharmD BCPS
Jonathan M Zand, PharmD BCPS
- Senior Associate Editor – Drug Information
Factor VIII products are available as concentrates derived from processed human plasma and recombinant preparations that contain variable amounts of human or animal protein stabilizers and include modified products with longer half-lives (eg, Fc fusion, pegylation). A recombinant porcine sequence factor VIII product is also available. Links to the Lexicomp drug information topics are provided below.
For indications for clinical use and additional information on specific agents, refer to the relevant UpToDate topics.
FACTOR VIII PRODUCTS DERIVED FROM HUMAN PLASMA (CONCENTRATE) AND RECOMBINANT HUMAN FACTOR VIII LEXICOMP DRUG MONOGRAPHS
Human plasma-derived factor VIII concentrate (FVIII; Hemofil M, Koate-DVI, Monoclate-P)
- FACTOR VIII PRODUCTS DERIVED FROM HUMAN PLASMA (CONCENTRATE) AND RECOMBINANT HUMAN FACTOR VIII LEXICOMP DRUG MONOGRAPHS
- Human plasma-derived factor VIII concentrate (FVIII; Hemofil M, Koate-DVI, Monoclate-P)
- Human plasma-derived von Willebrand factor (VWF)/factor VIII concentrate (VWF/FVIII; Alphanate, Humate-P, Wilate)
- Recombinant human factor VIII without half-life extension (Advate, Helixate FS, Kogenate FS, Kogenate FS Bio-Set, Kovaltry, Novoeight, Nuwiq, Recombinate, Xyntha, Xyntha Solofuse)
- Recombinant human factor VIII with Fc fusion (Eloctate)
- Recombinant human factor VIII, pegylated (pegylated rFVIII; Adynovate)
- RECOMBINANT PORCINE FACTOR VIII LEXICOMP DRUG MONOGRAPHS
- Recombinant porcine factor VIII (porcine rFVIII; Obizur)