Amphotericin B: Drug formulations
- Jonathan M Zand, PharmD BCPS
Jonathan M Zand, PharmD BCPS
- Senior Associate Editor – Drug Information
Amphotericin B is a polyene antifungal agent that is available in four different formulations: a conventional (deoxycholate) preparation as well as three lipid-based formulations. Links to the Lexicomp drug information topics are provided below.
For indications for clinical use and additional information on specific agents, refer to the relevant UpToDate topics.
AMPHOTERICIN B FORMULATIONS - LEXICOMP DRUG INFORMATION MONOGRAPHS
Amphotericin B (conventional, deoxycholate)
- AMPHOTERICIN B FORMULATIONS - LEXICOMP DRUG INFORMATION MONOGRAPHS
- Amphotericin B (conventional, deoxycholate)
- Liposomal amphotericin B (AmBisome)
- Amphotericin B lipid complex (ABLC, Abelcet)
- Amphotericin B cholesteryl sulfate complex - not available in US or Canada (amphotericin B colloidal dispersion, ABCD, Amphotec)